Look, I'm gonna count to 10, all right? If there's any reason we should hold on the story, hang up before I get to 10. If the story's all right, you'll be on the phone after I get to 10, all right?
Right after I got here I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce and I got egg noodles and ketchup. I'm an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.
One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect.
- Follow the money.
- What do you mean? Where?
- Oh, I can't tell you that.
- But you could tell me that.
- No, I have to do this my way. You tell me what you know, and I'll confirm. I'll keep you in the right direction if I can, but that's all. Just... follow the money.
- You'll have to figure that on your own.
- Look, I'm tired of your chickenshit games! I don't want hints! I need to know what you know!
For a second I thought I was dead. But, when I heard all the noise, I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they'd been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead.
I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut.
All non-denial denials. They doubt our ancestry, but they don't say the story isn't accurate.