All non-denial denials. They doubt our ancestry, but they don't say the story isn't accurate.
- Follow the money.
- What do you mean? Where?
- Oh, I can't tell you that.
- But you could tell me that.
- No, I have to do this my way. You tell me what you know, and I'll confirm. I'll keep you in the right direction if I can, but that's all. Just... follow the money.
I goddamn near lost my nose. And I like it. I like breathing through it. And I still think you're hiding something.
You're a very nosy fellow, kitty cat. Huh? You know what happens to nosy fellows? Huh? No? Wanna guess? Huh? No? Okay. They lose their noses.
Isn't that something? Middle of a drought and the water commissioner drowns. Only in L.A.
- You'll have to figure that on your own.
- Look, I'm tired of your chickenshit games! I don't want hints! I need to know what you know!
What can I tell you, kid? You're right. When you're right, you're right, and you're right.
Look, I'm gonna count to 10, all right? If there's any reason we should hold on the story, hang up before I get to 10. If the story's all right, you'll be on the phone after I get to 10, all right?